Tuesday 1 May 2007

Where is all the time going?

I've now got an almost full complement of crew signed up for the trip although, as the word has spread, it's thrown up a lot of people who aren't soundies but none the less want to come, and who am I to say No? Although the initial idea was to have a Sound Crew we now have, along with various noise-boys, a producer, a production manager, a rigger, a lampie and a sound press journalist (poor show from the vidiots - too tough for you???), plus my brother and a long time family female friend. So a good mix of skills (professional and sailing) and personalities but leaving a rather biased gender discrepancy with Rachel Fisher being the only female crew, apart from my wife Sally who may or may not do the last few days with us depending on her state of pregnancy which will be well advanced by then.
I'm taking the mast off the boat tomorrow to replace the standing rigging (that's the wire stuff that holds the mast up) and to replace lights, aerials and wiring. The boys in the yard have started treating the osmosis and I'm hoping that I will be pleasantly surprised when I see her tomorrow.
Tamsin, the top PR lady at the RNLI South West is putting together a press release and we're going for a press launch at Fowey lifeboat station on 21st May so I have a fairly close deadline to have the boat back in the water. In the meantime I shall be in Dubai and Seville working, so time is getting very tight.
I'll endeavour to get some photos of the progress of the work published here in the next couple of days.

No comments: