Wednesday 23 May 2007

Could we be in the water next week?

I arrived at the boat today to find one of the yard chappies sanding the hull!! At last. Things are moving on. Later there were two guys, one sanding, one filling and they said that they would have the above the waterline paint on by end of tomorrow. This is getting exciting. I wish I'd had the camera so I could have posted a picture of the work.
Spent the afternoon terminating the new mast wiring and putting stuff back together. I was really looking forward to seeing the deck flood light working as it hasn't worked since I can remember and that must be ten years. I flicked the switch and it flashed on and went out again. I think the sealed beam unit expired in surprise at seeing electricity for the first time in years! Bugger. That means a trip up the mast at some point.
Summer is definitely here. It was one of those beautiful sparkling days in the harbour - hot sunshine, a slight breeze enough to ripple the harbour, Troys and dinghies racing, a pint consumed leaning on the wall of the Lugger and my boat still sitting in its cradle in the yard. Not happy.
Off to Tate Gallery tomorrow for arty farty gig over the bank holiday weekend, so more next week.

No comments: